Having read and understood the following Scripture verses concerning the family:
These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door-frames of your houses and your gates.
Unless the LORD builds the house, its laborers labor in vain.
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.
Psalm 127:1, 3
Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.
I/We covenant before God that I/we:
- Have given our lives to Jesus Christ and enjoy a personal relationship with Him.
- Desire to be good and godly parents to our child, and to establish a home that honors the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Seek to be positive role models of authentic Christianity to our family.
- Will pray for and encourage our child to begin and nurture a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Understand what our church teaches about dedication and that the act of dedication is not the same as the sacrament known as child baptism.
Please list all siblings as well as their birth dates so that they may be introduced during the dedication.